RE: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.

To: "'Paul Root'" <ptroot@iaces.com>,
Subject: RE: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:22:41 -0800
In electronics these days most components are speced both ways and most
engineers use either interchangeably.  We still tend to talk mils (inches)
with respect to PCB traces, clearances and board thickness though.

I think things will continue to progress to metric here in the states,  I
rarely hear objections to it like when it was a political issue in the late
70's.  Some thing I don't expect to see change from English units in my life
time however, like gallons as a measure of fuel at the pump.  Oh sure, you
can put liters up there too but we are just too used to talking in $/gal and
MPG for that to change.

Frank