Re: Metric (was Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Metric (was Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:08:48 -0600
Eric wrote:

> "Paul T. Root" wrote:
>
>>Rocky Frisco wrote:

>>>Am I wrong? I thought the Dodge was all metric.
>>
>>I think most cars are now. Since they are "world" cars.
>>

> OK, how do you state the engine displacement of your OLD MGB?

I say, "two liter," even though it's actually 1800 cc.

> http://www.bgsoflex.com/dispunits.html
>
> It has its speedo in MPH but does ANYONE talk about its engine in cubic
>inches?

Not me, for sure.

> BTW it is 3:30am here and still 29C (85F) - whew!

It's 1:05pm here in Tulsa (northern hemisphere) and it's 60 degress f.

Going to deliver an MGA to somebody this afternoon. I plan to drive to
the location in the Victor TF with the top down.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/
The World's Best Daily News Service: http://www.rationalreview.com/