RE: Carpet Question

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: Carpet Question
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:01:46 -0800
Kelvin

Are the Amco mats specifically tailored to fit the MGB or are they generic
and happen to squeeze in?   I have 'developed' a soundproofing material
that is a layered sheet.   The layers are, self adhesive, rubberised
asphalt, aluminium foil, high density closed cell foam, rubberised asphalt,
aluminium foil.  It is about  1/2" but will outperform thicker stuff
because it is so dense.  It bends but not too good for aggressive curves
but could be used at a pinch over the tunnel.   I intend to use it on the
floors, boot, and foot wells  as well as in the doors (makes the doors go
"clunk" instead of "clink").   I reckon the retail would come in around
$6.50 per square foot - US$78 for 3 sheets of 1' by 4'.   With TWO layers
of rubbery stuff and TWO layers of foil it should be awesome!

Regards

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca