car nazis

To: Tim Holt <holtt@nacse.org>
Subject: car nazis
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:44:55 -0600
Tim, the law change in Illinois is aimed at not having to go to court
for enforcement.  The Law in Illinois permits the police to impound a
car from your driveway if it has been inoperable for 30 days unless it
is 25 years or older.  The only thing the law change accomplishes is
allowing police to do the same thing.  Most of the requests come from
zoning departments.

Working with a zoning department around here is like having all your
teeth pulled. They are constantly trying to change the law so they
don't have to go to court.  A couple of years ago, they tried to pass a
law allowing the zoning departments to enter your home, without a court
order,  to see if your structure is being used in accordance with
zoning.