Re: 80 B Trim code

To: "Merton Heacox" <spriteratt@hotmail.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 80 B Trim code
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:24:10 -0000
I'm not aware that the factory put *trim* codes on the VIN/chassis plate,
although in the last year of production they did put a three-letter code for
body colour on RHD cars.  However 'AAA' isn't one of them, the nearest is
AAE which is Russet Brown.  For Russet Brown RHD cars the seat covers would
have been Orange/Brown 'deckchair' style (the only other colour being
Silver/Grey) and all other trim would have been black.  LHD seat covers and
liners were beige, carpets were black and chestnut.  From Clausager.

PaulH.