Re: MG numbering etc

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG numbering etc
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:24:22 -0000
Some confusion here.  Clausager lists chassis numbers, not commission
numbers, so either your 295504 is a chassis number or you are comparing the
wrong number with Clausager.  I suspect the former.  73 model roadsters
started in Aug 72 at 294251 and had reached 294985 by September and 296210
also in September for various change points so 295504 was actually made that
month, FWIW, although they didn't always come off the line exactly
sequentially if they had to wait for parts.  All the plates were probably
made in advance of the car being assembled, so the date stamp was probably
just a bit of an optimistic guess.

PaulH.