RE: sticking clutch?

To: "'Fred Schroeder'" <fschroed@mindspring.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sticking clutch?
From: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:46:22 -0500
If it sat a while, the clutch disk rusts to the flywheel.  Get it to a big
parking lot, and start it in 2nd gear.  Drive it around the parking lot
while pumping the clutch and it should break loose.  If that doesn't work,
jack up the rear wheels, start it in 4th.  Get the rev's a little high, and
CAREFULLY have someone open the release on the jack.  It'll drop the car,
and as soon as the wheels hit the pavement, it should break it loose.
Precautions are to not hit anything, or have anything you may hit using
either method, empty parking lots are best...

TJ