RE: sticking clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: sticking clutch
From: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:08:30 -0600
In addition to the two methods described elsewhwere, I have some variations
on the theme:

RE: Driving around in second gear.  If pumping the clutch doesn't do it, hold
the clutch down and continue driving, periodically abruptly coming off the
throttle and braking (try not to stall the engine), then jumping back on the
throttle.

RE: Jacking the car up and dropping it.  A more gentle method is to jack up
the rear of the car, start the car, and at a moderate speed apply the
handbrake and stomp on the footbrake.

Hope one of these methods helps...

Chris K.