Re: Looking for Pocket Bike suggestions

To: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for Pocket Bike suggestions
From: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:15:40 -0500
TJ,
Probably alot off topic, but I'll bite...
I have seen them at VIP auto parts stores... but the best deal will probably
be on e-bay.

But let me distract you a little... Have you looked at the Honda CRF50?

I know the pocket bikes are pretty hot items for adults, but for kids, I am
not so sure a "street bike" is best. A learner isn't going to be riding on
pavement (I hope) and those bikes come with street tires, if not slicks.

The Honda is a little dirt bike, knobbies for the grass, automatic
transmission (well, you shift, but the clutch is automatic) a motor with 30
years of service and parts everywhere in the country. Now the best part...
they make all sorts of parts for the CRF50 for adults to ride them,
handlebar risers, heavy springs, big bore kits... and they NEVER loose
resale value.  The list on them, is about $1400, you can get one "one the
street" for $1100.00 and in a couple of years, it will still be worth
$1000.00, unless you put the adult kit on it and trash it.

Just my $0.02,  I have 5 motorcycles and I probably rode my CRF50 more than
any of them last year. Any other TD owners ride a dirtbike?   ;)

Blair

53 TD
80 B
78 B