Off topic - Avast virus software

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Off topic - Avast virus software
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:45:58 -0800
As a result of input form listers I loaded Avast.  All seems well except it
says it is disabling itself because it detects Norton (which is 'switched
off') and then goes on to scan email etc !!!!  However, I have one question
for the experts.   A message pops up very so often to the effect that it
has blocked an "attack" from 'DCOM Exploit' and gives an email address such
as 206.172.157.190:135/tcp.  Now is this a normal thing to be continually
'attacked' by this DCOM thing?  Did Norton block these attacks but never
let on?  Can I blast back, complain to someone, or just switch off the pop
up and relax?

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson