Re: Moss Headers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss Headers
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:51:54 EST
Credit where credit is due - the Moss headers for the MGA are well built  and
actually fit!

That may sound odd, but for many years we used to get headers for pushrod
and Twincam cars that were designed and built in Britain, for RHD cars. As they

had no steering column to bother them, they designed headers for their RHD
cars  and just sold them to the colonies without a thought as to whether they
fit or  not.

This resulted in headers crudely bashed for clearance, probably some thrown
across the garage and bounced off bodywork, and no end of bruised fingers and
uttered cuss words.

It is therefor refreshing to see a part that does what it is supposed to  do.
It would be nice if they were cheaper, but I understand that making a part
for an exclusive car like an MGA costs more than a part for something common
like an MGB ;-)   Unfortunately, the only way to retain the full  horsepower of
the 1800 engine when installed in an MGA is to use something like  this, as
the stock MGA system is more restrictive than the MGB, which is  actually quite
good in stock form.

Bill