Re: [MG-MGB] clutch

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] clutch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:28:58 -0000
As a quick check of the hydraulics try you should be able to push the slave
piston, with the release arm, further back into the cylinder from its 'rest'
position, note that this will displace some fluid into the master so watch out
for overflow.  Then try pushing the clutch pedal.  If it takes up the free
play easily and *then* gets hard, the hydraulics are OK so it looks like a
problem inside the bell-housing as others have said.  As long as the gearbox
and engine went back together your use of the clutch alignment tool was fine
so forget that.

PaulH.