Re: [MG-MGB] More Tin Worm Damage - advice needed...

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] More Tin Worm Damage - advice needed...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:47:52 -0000
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29038 gives the
same picture as you posed but with links to the part numbers.  '1' is the side
section, but it looks like you need some of the front bulkhead as well which
isn't shown.  Unless most of panel 1 is rotted I would fabricate.

I assume you are replacing the sill ... in which case once that is off and the
rot cut out of the corner of the footwell it should be a relatively simple
matter of one flat repair piece on the side with the leading edge turned out
at a right angle to make the flange, a flat repair piece on the front
overlapping the flange on the other piece to make a double-thickness, and
whatever floor pan repair is needed.  Given its location it doesn't need to be
pretty, just functional.  I had to do a similar repair in that area myself,
although not so extensive as yours looks to be.

PaulH.