Re: Fuses and Ballast Resistor

To: "Randy Widman" <riwidman@buckeye-express.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuses and Ballast Resistor
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:04:04 -0000
As Steve has said the fuses are 17 amp rated 35 amp blow, or the nearest you
can get.

Also as Steve said if you are running a 6v coil (primary measures about 1.5
ohms) then you must use a ballast resistor in series with it.  Originally
this was a pink wire contained within the original loom, having a
white/brown 'tail' at the fusebox end and a white/light-green tail at the
coil end, which is extended down to the additional contact on the starter
solenoid.  If running a 12v coil (primary measures about 3 ohms) you must
not use any additional ballast.  If running with a 12v coil and no ballast
you can take the 12v feed to the Pertronix off the coil +ve, but I believe
that if running a 6v coil with ballast it should be taken from the
white/brown at the fusebox i.e. bypassing the ballast.

PaulH.