Bleeding Clutch Master Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding Clutch Master Midget
From: Jeremy Loukinas <Sunadmin@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:38:45 -0500
I recently purchased a 73 MG Midget and it was in need of some clutch
work. The car was advertised as needing a clutch slave. So I bought one,
installed it and to no avail.. still no clutch operation.
So I top off the clutch master, break the line loose on the outlet while
depressing the clutch and no fluid came out. I removed the clutch master
opened it up, cleaned the bore up a bit some scotch brite and put new
seals on. The tricky part is how do you bleed this thing? I can't get it
to pump any fluid thru the outlet on the bench? What's the trick here?

Jeremy Loukinas
Cincinnati, Ohio