Re: LH Overdrive Valve balls

To: Larry Hoy <forumaccount@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: LH Overdrive Valve balls
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:05:13 -0500
After spending several years working for a ball bearing manufacturer, I am
compelled to correct your terminology.  "Ball bearings" are the complete
assembly of inner and outer races with balls bearing the load in between them.

What you are describing are "balls" or "bearing balls" or more generically
"steel balls".  Besides my being pedantic, this will get you faster service at
the bearing shop counter.

Bearing balls are most commonly available in fractional inch sizes.  A good
bicycle shop is also an excellent source because they use loose balls in most of
the bearings on high end bikes.

But you still need to know the size.