Re: LH Type Overdrive Question

To: pokrefke1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: LH Type Overdrive Question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:24:36 -0400
   There is a high-pressure test you can do. My recollection is that the
thread in the hole is a British thread, but I don't recall which it is.
   Are you _sure_  you reinstalled the pump piston correctly?  The little
roller is offset slightly to one side. The piston fits in equally well
with it correctly placed and 180 degrees out. If wrong, piston jams.
   Though it appears difficult, you won't have any trouble reinserting
the low pressure valve assy.  I did it w/o vaseline, but that does seem a
helpful idea.
   Get the car up on your highest stands, as having plenty of room for
arm movement and eyes to focus is advantageous.
Bob