Re: Grill Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grill Question
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:35 -0700
...UNLESS you (or the PO) have had a lot of body work done to the front
fenders.

I bought a Mk. I grill to replace the 73-style one that the PO had put in my
66 B. When I went to fit it, no go. The early shell is deeper, and it also
flares out towards the rear of the outer edge. I would have had to grind a
quarter-inch of bondo out of the opening on both sides to get it in. The 73
grill has a shallower shell without the flared lip. Obviously, the body man
built the opening around that grill. Someday when it's going to be painted I
will deal with this mess.

It is unlikely that such a thing has befallen your car, but a lot of screwy
things can happen in 40 years...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149