Re: repairing MGB steering rack ?

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: repairing MGB steering rack ?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:03:35 +0100
I replaced this bush on a Mini many years ago, but removed (either chose to
or had to, can't remember) the rack to do it.  A horrible job for a
tuppeny-happeny (in the UK at least!) bush, one of the worst parts was
threading the tie rod retainer back onto the rack without cross-threading
its very fine thread.

PaulH.