N/A

To: h.duinhoven@planet.nl
Subject: N/A
From: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:22:07 -0600
Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl> wrote:

Are European tires garages dissimilar from USA ones?

Very.  The vast majority are staffed by individuals who have never seen a
real wire wheel.  (I had one guy ask where I got the hobcaps.)  Most have
equipment designed around the 4 or 5 types of stamped steel wheel that are
prevalent in America.

The "specialty" shops that have better equipment are mostly devoted to the
crowd who stick plastic spoilers all over their cars at aerdynamically
ridiculous angles, and don't stock any tires narrower than 200mm.

Chris K.