RE: Burning Rich HElp

To: "Paul Osborne" <paul@ece.rochester.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Burning Rich HElp
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:39:30 -0600
You may be looking at this in the wrong direction. Perhaps it is not
really running rich (in terms of the carbs) but rather is suffering from
incomplete combustion. So it might be that your fuel mixture is correct,
as you have seen using colortune, but your timing (valve and/or
ignition) could be off just enough to get an incomplete fuel burn. Or if
you are really running rich, was the colortune test done with air
filters off? Restricted air filters can also cause rich conditions.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B
dcouncill@msubillings.edu