Re: Back pedalling odometer

To: RampantNM@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Back pedalling odometer
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 09:19:00 -0700
Now that sounds adventuress.  I am not sure now if I will try to zero the
odometer.  BUT disaster has struck - my tach, rebuilt using TR8 innards,
has stopped working.  It ran on the slow side before (reading about 500rpm
below actual) but now is dead.  Anyone got an 8 cylinder tach sitting spare?

At 01:16 PM 5/20/2005, RampantNM@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/18/2005 11:25:28 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
>barrie@look.ca writes:
>How does one take the odometer back to zero.  I often here about this being
>done.  Does one just stick an electric drill on it and wine back?
>
>Regards
>
>I'm not positive about MG's, but in the past I've removed the glass on
>similar units and rolled the numbers by hand.
>
>RBH

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson