MGA Brake Reservoirs (tops)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Brake Reservoirs (tops)
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:36:03 EDT
OK, here's a trivia question.

I noticed at a recent car show that the raised top on my 1600 master
cylinder was a half inch higher than all the other 1600s, except one guy who
also
had the same part as me.

So does anyone know what car the 'wrong' part might come from? I can't  think
of any others models, off hand, that used that bit. I think that things  like
Bugeyes ran with no high top reservoir.

The extra height makes it a bit difficult to open as it is so close to the
bonnet surround edge, especially as I use a later knurled platsic cap instead
of  the metal one.

Bill