RE: Follow up on lose rear axle

To: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Follow up on lose rear axle
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:34:15 -0600
I guessed on mine. I had the loose axle problem on my 72B after I
replaced the leaf springs and pads, even though the u-bolts had seemed
tight. I finally got the torque wrench and evenly tightened all the
bolts to about 25. I figured that was fairly conservative. Even then,
that was several more rotations on each nut. I couldn't find a torque
spec anywhere.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B