RE: Anyone read French out there?

To: "'Carl French'" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, MG-MGB
Subject: RE: Anyone read French out there?
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:04:49 +0100
OK, my French is a little rusty (and I have no knowledge of Canadian
quirks!), but this is my best attempt:

British Meeting Quebec 2005

4th and 5th June 2005

LOCATION:
Quebec Port, Quay 21 (opposite l'AGORA)

ACCESS:
By Rue Dalhousie (i.e. Dalhousie Road), about 300 feet before the Ecluse Du
Bassin Louise Bridge.

ENTRY TO THE SITE:
>From 9:00am to 10:00am.  Exit at 3:00pm only (no movement of vehicles will
be allowed between 10:00am and 3:00pm.  Maximum speed on the site:  10km/hr
(i.e. 6mph)

IMPORTANT FOR YOUR VEHICLE:
Bring a carton or container in case you have a fluid leak, so that the
concrete isn't dirtied, because we are obliged to clean it up, or pay for
cleaning.

COST OF ENTRY:
Suggested price $5.00 for exhibitors, on a voluntary basis, profits will be
donated to THE CANADIAN CHILDREN'S DREAM FOUNDATION

REGISTRATION:
In advance if possible, it is possible to have 70 vehicles on the site,
mentioning SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, or both days.

Confirm with:
ANDRE LABBE  TEL: 418-660-7452
E-MAIL: LABBE.HOUDE@3WEB.NET
Or DANIEL CAUCHON TEL: 418-956-2114

HOTEL SUGGESTION:
NORMANDIN HOTEL AND SUITES
Reservations: 1-800-463-6721
Weekend special on mentioning that you are participating in British Meeting
Quebec
Hotelnormandin@videotron.ca
www.hotelnormandin.com

PROGRAM FOR BOTH DAYS

SATURDAY 4TH JUNE

9:00    Vehicle registration

10:00   Site Open

11:00   Valve cover show  (French/Canadian phrase for "let's all look at
each others engines"???)

1:00    Practice and adjustment of valve covers  (could mean a demonstration
on how to adjust your tappets?  Your guess is as good as mine!)

3:00    Site closure

SUNDAY 5TH JUNE

9:00    Vehicle Registration

10:00   Site open

10:30   Car parts distributors' clinic

11:00   Valve covers competition, first part (lets compete on who's got the
shiniest valve cover?)

1:30    Competition final

2:30    Presentation of competition results

2:45    Presentation of souvenir plaque to a participant

3:00    Presentation of souvenir plaque for a vehicle

Is that any clearer??

Richard & Nancy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.