Not to bring up the MG-TF again but....

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not to bring up the MG-TF again but....
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
...I am...

The July Motor Trend has an article on 10 cars "They Ought to Sell Here"
and 10 "We're Glad they Don't".... The MG-TF is on the latter list -

"The original Miata ran rings around it first time out. A decade later,
Mazda's about to launch a third-generation Miata, and Britain's Rover
Group has been trying to pass off this tired, old relic as a 21st-century
sports car. The MG badge has some value, but on this car that's a bit like
saying you're the healthiest guy in intensive care."

Ouch!

Some of the other cars on the "We're Glad they Don't" list include the
Daihatsu Naked (!), Hindustan Ambassador and Lada 2104.

Dan D

Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328