Re: What is with MGB jacks?

To: Bob Donahue <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: What is with MGB jacks?
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:38:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I drove a new 65MGB for 6 years when I was in college.  I jacked it up many
times with the factory jack.  I never had a problem, but I now have a 66 MGB
which I use the scissor jack I bought at PepBoys.  There were something like
600,000 MGB sold.  I wonder what the actual failure rate was for the factory
jack?  As a lawyer I would assume that there were some lawsuits over the
injuries that must have occurred when these jacks failed? Just wondering?
Ron