Re: con rods

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>,
Subject: Re: con rods
From: "Mike L" <renoman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:54:41 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
> For some reason, I have no notes on 12H91/92/93/94... but if I were to
take
> a guess, those may be rods from the MGB 3 main motor, as their part
numbers
> were 12H997 and 12H998.

My parts book (and Clausinger) show a factory upgrade in the 1600 rods from
the 1H701/3 to the 12H91/3 at engine #16GA 21705 (Apr 1960).Claus describes
thicker webs and modified bearing caps - I measured a few thou thicker on
the web.  The parts book says the earlier rod can be replaced with the
later, so I presume they are interchangeable as a set.

Mike