Re: Not to bring up the MG-TF again but.... MT

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not to bring up the MG-TF again but.... MT
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:09:36 -0400
How can you believe what any of the "Main-stream" car mags say?  Remember
their existence is now driven by advertising revenue.  And, Motor Trend is the
one that awarded Renault "Car of the Year" at least once.  Furthermore, a
friend who worked at one of the auto companies in Detroit back in the '70's
was offered "Car of the Year" for 5 more ad pages.  I have to believe that
what he told me is true because when MT had a publisher who hired an
independent auditing firm to add credence to the annual award, he didn't last
long before being given the "boot."  And, don't think that the others are much
different.  I worked at one & saw what happened when a major advertiser pulled
all of their ads because they didn't get any mention in the top selections.
The following year, they got awards.  And, the magazine got advertising back.
Quid pro quo.

So, they don't like the MG-TF.

Norm Sippel
In my 4th MG