RE: Clutch Slave

To: "Brian Lundgren" <elco506@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Clutch Slave
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:26:31 -0700
Brian:

If the inside is anything but smooth, the rebuild will fail, and it
sounds like it did.

MGB slaves tend to pit pretty badly and so it's not unusual for them not
to take a kit.  Usually it's best just to replace.

Save the rebuilding components.  The next time you need to do a clutch
or other major work you can pop the new seals into the replacement
cylinder and renew it again.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf
> Of Brian Lundgren
> Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:58 PM
> To: MG Discussion
> Subject: Clutch Slave
>
> Recently  put clutch slave cylinder back on '79 B.  After filling with
> fluid
> and starting to bleed the system, just after it started building
pressure
> the
> slave started leaking out the end of the rubber cap.  Inside was a
little
> pitted when I removed it, honed it a little to try and smooth.  Is the
> inside
> too uneven or worn or could I maybe have put something in wrong?
Probably