The difference between MG guys and Miata guys [OT]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The difference between MG guys and Miata guys [OT]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:34:56 -0700
For the last week I've been trying to help a friend with a problem with his
Miata, he being not mechanically inclined, as they say. What I am finding
out, though, is that this seems to be the rule for Miata owners. For
instance, in the two largest Yahoo forums dedicated to Miatas, with over
1200 members between them, I could find only a handful of messages in the
archives (going back 5 years) that even mentioned "cylinder head". I would
have thought with all the Miatas out there, many of them getting older by
now, that there would be a fair amount of technical discussion regarding
maintenance and rebuilding issues. But I am having a hard time finding any
technical information at all. Lots about accessories and "bolt-on speed"
parts, however. This seems to be a case where the stereotypes are pretty
close to the fact...

I know this is OT, I just had to vent. I'm loaning this chap my MG while his
Miata is out of circulation, which is ironic, I suppose... (hey, my B has
been towed once in 17 years, and it took a cracked main cap to do it -- this
Miata was towed three times just last week).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149