Re: Tach pegs, stays there

To: "Keith G." <k2@gernertzone.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach pegs, stays there
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:12:37 +0100
Shouldn't make any difference.  The white/light-greens are to do with the
coil boost circuit during cranking and should not affect the tach,
especially when just turning on the ignition.  Remove either the
black/whites or the white/light-greens from the coil - or ideally the
black-white from the back of the tach, and if it still pegs then it is the
tach.  If it only pegs when the wires are connected to the coil then it
could well be to do with what ever trigger you have in the coil - dodgy
electronics or fizzing points.  If it looks like the tach check the 12v and
ground connections at the tach itself making sure there is 12v on the green
and 0v on the black with the ignition on.

PaulH.