Re: GATSO was Re: Road Pricing

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>,
Subject: Re: GATSO was Re: Road Pricing
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:39:23 +0200
All,

I did some research about Maus Gatsonides. In fact he was a famous rallye
driver.
http://www.memorialmausgatsonides.nl/ is hte website named after him, where
info is gathered about Maus and the annual memorial run of classic cars is
announced.
The run is only for TR cars...
Maus has driven rallyes up to high age.

http://www.vintageweb.net/millemiglia/gatsonides.html
Shows Maus racing TR2

Maus was born at Java 1911 and died in 1999.
Won the Rallye of Monte Carlo 1953 in a Ford Zephyr
http://www.inzichten.nl/gatsonides_1.htm
Right pic is Maus driving a hillman Imp.
Look at the left picture how Maus cooled the front brakes of his Ford!

Maus even has built his own 1500 CC racer in the fifties called Platje -
nickname for flat subject.

Regrettably I could not discover Maus has driven MG's.

So he should still be ashamed for (sub)inventing these speed traps.

Cheers,

Hans