RE: big white cloud

To: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Subject: RE: big white cloud
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:31:37 -0600
My first impression based on your description would be head gasket. I
don't think a burnt valve would cause a great deal of smoke and it would
be a more bluish color. Normally white smoke would indicate coolant.
However, my first MGB was a 65 and on two occasions, it cranked out a
serious layer of white smoke that would have killed every mosquito
within a hundred yards. That happened when the top cover of the PCV
valve fell off but in both cases, I was able to locate it and reattach
it, fixing the smoking problem. Bizarre but true.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B
dcouncill@msubillings.edu