Re: Paint code for '79 MGB

To: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint code for '79 MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:20:17 +0100
No, only on the 1980 models.  Other than that you have to guess from one of
the several sites which shows colours, years and codes.  I have to say that
Paul Tegler's otherwise excellent site shows most of the colours as being
available from 1968 to 1980, which apart from Black is not correct.
Vermillion (orange-red) was available from 1978 to 1980, but if you are
trying to match it be aware that it could be a respray in an approximate
likeness to the true colour, or even painted in a product from another
manufacturer altogether.

PaulH.