Re: Electrical switches

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical switches
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:11:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2005 3:26:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jello@ida.net writes:

Those  old switches without relays do cause a lot of problems.   I've
installed relays in a lot of locations on my cars - it keeps the  switch
good - but then you have to deal with failing relays  too.

Well, in my case it didn't appear to be any electrical load problem,  just a
matter of crumbling plastic and poor construction at the hinges and the  frame
where tension is held that makes it click from stop to stop.  Not to  say
that relays are a bad idea, especially when upgrading headlights, adding
foglights, etc.

Jay Donoghue
72 MGBGT
66 Mustang