Re: Rear axle

To: doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Rear axle
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:07:16 -0400
Kelvin,
   During the winter when some of us in our club were taking apart
Salisbury rear axles to see what was inside, we were able to remove the
gearsets from the two we tried w/o using the spreader tool, which we
didn't have anyway.
   Were there manufacturing tolerances great enough that sometimes the
tool was not required?
   Do you suppose it could be that some DPO simply filed off .010 from
the case for clearance?
Bob