Re: Unloading your lift

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Unloading your lift
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:17:33 -0700
Listers,
First thing I did when I moved down to Florida was to check out 4-post
lifts. Digging a hole was not an option. I needed extra car space.
Looked at every Hemmings ad for lifts and bought what I think is the
best bang for the buck. Out of Orlando, Direct-Lift offered a 7000#
capacity lift for $1995. For an extra $200, they assembled it, brought
it over to me on the west Coast(Brooksville), backed it into the
driveway on a special built trailer, removed the 2x4's holding up the
posts, lowered them to the ground, plugged it in, raised the deck to
accommodate the wheel kit, rolled it into the double bay side, then
pushed 90 degrees into the single car side, removed the wheels and there
it sits. It's been 2 years now and it has been a dream to use. Under my
12' ceiling height,  I have one MG on top, another under, and one more
on the double bay side(wife's car had to go in garage, too). They gave
me the wheel kit, 3 trays and a jacking crossbar to use a bottle jack if
you want to remove wheels for brakes, for example.
I have recommended it to my friend in Maryland and he bought one too. He
has several folks up there now interested.
To those who want to shell out for the "Backyard Buddy", go for it.
Cheers,
Dave Houser