RE: Laugh of the Day

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Laugh of the Day
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:13:00 -0700
Not so much a laugh, but a thought from my commute this morning.

Driving to work this morning.  Just as the twisties get interesting on
Hwy 150 by Lake Casitas between Ojai and Santa Barbara, CA.

Flares on the road and a Mazda sedan upside down in the oncoming lane.
Single car accident on the morning commute.  The ambulance I passed
going the other way wasn't in much of a hurry, so I fear the worst.

Looking at the high dirt banks on each side of the road, I wonder about
the roll bar sitting on the shelf back at my shop.  Thinking  "You know,
you are going to feel awfully silly flying along upside down thinking
that it might have been a good idea to put the bar back in the car".
High speed, wire wheels and rocks on the road don't go together well
with high dirt banks and big dropoffs.

Maybe I have to rethink about installing the bar again.

Oh for a crystal ball.  Rollbar in a rear end accident - not a good
idea.
                        Rollbar in a rollover accident - very good idea.

100 mile per day commute in a supercharged MGB.    Very Big Grin and
good idea.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf
> Of WSpohn4@aol.com
> Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:10 AM
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Laugh of the Day
>
> Laugh of the morning. Traffic diverted to one lane on the main drag on
the
> way in to work.
>
> Where it opened up again there was a kid stopped at the red light in a
> Mini
> Cooper (BMW, not BMC). Another kid in a fairly new Civic, with  his
> baseball
> cap on backward (to the uninitiated this indicates a loss of about
50% of
> the
> IQ points he started out with - often lamentably few in the first
place)
> carefully pulls around him on the right so that he can start off in
the
> other
> lane.
>
> Mini driver sees him. Revs motor. Brain trust in Civic revs back.
Light