Re: Shroud or not to shroud

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shroud or not to shroud
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:37:42 -0700
How to make a fan shroud:

Cut a long strip of sheet metal (length roughly based on circumference of
fan), leaving 3 or 4 short protruberances or tabs along one side.

Drill small hole in each tab. Bend tabs at right angles to strip. Bend strip
into loop and fasten to radiator with ties through tab holes.

BTW, another benefit of the shroud is that otherwise a lot of the fan's
energy is wasted stirring up the rest of the air in the engine compartment.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149