Re: Shipping to Canada (was Re: Parts Suppliers Complaint)

To: richchrysler@quickclic.net, jello@ida.net
Subject: Re: Shipping to Canada (was Re: Parts Suppliers Complaint)
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:15:01 EDT
In a message dated 11/08/2005 2:57:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
richchrysler@quickclic.net writes:

It's  been my experience that any business in the U.S. shipping me something
to  Canada by UPS results in horrendous shipping and tarriff processing fees
(their own in house customs people). It is almost always much cheaper and
almost as fast to send through the postal system. That way I can go to my
local post office and clear it myself with minimal  fuss.

____________________________________

Exactamundo!

Canada Post charges exactly $5 to bring it to my  office and collect any
taxes and duty owing.  UPS charges around $30 to do  the same thing, regardless
of
value, so you could end up paying $31 for a $1  item isntead of $6 (which is
bad enough!).

Similarly, you can send a 1 ounce item via  regular parcel post if you want -
they'll take anything, but it will cost 3X  what it would in a small envelope
or package.  Only an idiot (i.e. too  gormless to know about the actual
cross-border cost of various shipping  methods), or someone that doesn't give a
shzt about the customer would do  that.  Which you can get away with only if
you
are the only game in town  (certain Italian suppliers come to mind)

Bill