clutch pedal pressure

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch pedal pressure
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:53:03 -0400
I had the OD trans go out (layshaft) while at NAMGAR GT in Mackinaw City.
All rebuilt and back in car now, but clutch pedal pressure is much lighter
than previous.  I never opened the hydraulic system, so air couldn't have
gotten in.  I did change the clutch while in there (might as well) but new
one same as old one (both Borg & Beck).  The only difference is I removed a
roller bearing and replaced with carbon faced.  I don't see how that could
make a difference.  Clutch works fine and it looks like about 1/2" of travel
at the slave.  I just can't understand why it is now such a light pedal and
before felt more like a racing clutch.
Any ideas?

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT - with newly rebuilt OD trans, good for another 70k miles.