Off topic

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic
From: "bill" <bilking@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:32:41 -0400
Hope the list can help me out.  I am looking at a 2002 Jetta 1.8T with
manual trans at an auction.  They list the car as having a bad clutch.  The
clutch pedal feels effortless, almost like the only resistance is the pedal
return spring.  The thing that scares me is that with the engine running and
the clutch disengaged or engaged the  gears can be shifted without grinding.
It appears to be a major disconnect between the engine and gearbox.  The car
uses a dual mass flywheel and I am not familiar enough to know if this can
fail and cause these problems.  I know there is a major industry supplying
single mass flywheel clutch setups for cars with this system.  The motor
starts easily and idles smoothly without weird noises.  The stickshift is
catching all the gears.  Is this worth a gamble?

Sorry about being off topic but time is short and the car can probably be
had for less than $7K.

Bill

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com