Re:

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "MG LIST"
Subject: Re:
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:54:50 +0100
If you're gonna go to all that trouble in the engine bay then SURELY you
will want the screen off.  You will regret not doing so if you have to
replace the screen.  My fitters fully expected to see something else under
the rubber (the new one of which didn't cover all of where the old one was)
and were suitably impressed to see the paint 'went all the way up'.

You can never get an invisible join with just masking tape, but if you run a
length of electrical wire under the edge of the rubber and pushed back a
little way the masking tape can go round the lip *and* allow paint under the
edge of the lip.

PaulH.