another issue with the "B"

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: another issue with the "B"
From: "1971MGB" <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:56:56 -0400
here is another new one for me, I cleaned the engine compartment today using
Engine Bright on my 71 MGB, after washing the Engine Bright off with water, I
had the carb's distributor covered with plastic prior to using water in the
engine compartment, I started up the car and found that the engine started
missing within a few seconds, I had to choke it to keep the car running, and
at that the RPM would fluctuate by 500RPM, the engine finally settled down but
I had to keep choking it to keep it running, I washed the engine compartment
dozens of time and never encountered this problem, any ideas?
Bernie
71 MGB