RE: Engine Coolant Drain Plug

To: "Randy Widman" <riwidman@buckeye-express.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Coolant Drain Plug
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:59:38 -0700
Randy:

This drain point is handy to have open if you need to change a water
pump, or pull the engine.  It allows most of the coolant in the water
jacket to drain, so it doesn't end up on your workshop floor.  To clear
it, you will have to keep on digging.  The drilling goes straight up
into the bottom of the jacket, which is slightly lower than the level of
the water pump.  Typically this drilling is plugged all the way to the
jacket, so you end up with about a teaspoon full of greasy dirt before
you are done.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf