MG Owner bugged-out from Houston story

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Owner bugged-out from Houston story
From: Farlane Macfarlane <n5bgy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
Well folks, it's been a while since you've seen my
name on the MG list.  I've been busy with rebuilding a
1973 VW 412 for the last year or so.  I got my red '67
running sweetly about 3 years ago, and I've been
driving it as my daily driver ever since.  We live in
the Clear Lake City region of Houston, TX, so we
bugged out yesterday, and headed for Shreveport, LA to
stay with relatives.  We were in a 3-car convoy
(fortunately), and the MG shredded the left front tire
about 50 miles down the road.  No spare, the OE spare
was loose and wobbly when I got the MG due to really
badly loose spokes and rusty nipples, and fix-a-flat
couldn't fix this one (the tire itself threw a cord).
I was very fortunate, a kind rancher let me deposit
the MG near his barn, so it should be OK until I can
get back to it.  After Rita passes, I'll go back and
get the tire replaced, then see if my house is still
there.

Lane