New B Leaf Springs

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New B Leaf Springs
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:24:30 -0400
Hello List,
I am building up a 1966 MGB roadster. Everything is new or rebuilt as new.
The car has it's original banjo type rear axle.
I have installed a set of rear leaf springs I purchased from Brown and Gammons
last year. They seem to have too much of an arch to them. I had to get the aid
of 3 people to stand in the back area of the car just to get the shock links
installed. The limiting straps aren't even close (still 1 1/2" away from being
able to fasten up). The car sits way too high in the back.
I've now attempted to install the exhaust system and It won't clear the axle
to be bolted up by about 3/4".
This doesn't seem "normal" for new springs to be that far out. No, these are
not uprated or BGT springs.
Will they settle in soon or has anybody else had this problem? The car isn't
on the road yet and is still being assembled.
Comments?
Rich Chrysler