Re: MGB Wobbles

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Wobbles
From: AGreenberg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:07:16 EDT
Ah ha!  I found it!

Late yesterday, I spent some more time under the car, and checking the
tires. And.....
I took a little drive ( down the street and back ) .  On the way back  I
heard a loud clunk and a scraping draging  sound.   My  neighbor, wife and I
pushed
 it back to the house.

Well long story short....the Universal joint behind the tranny failed and
the prop shaft was no longer connected to the rest of the world, just spinning
in the air resting on the little cover.
The working theory is that one of the four points of the U-joint setup
snapped off earlier causing the wobble.   Yesterday the rest of if  broke.

So new parts are on order and hopefully it'll be an easy job and I be  mobile
next weekend.
This is the best time to be driving, hate to miss any of it.

Any hints on replacing the U-Joints?