Re: MGB Tire sizes

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tire sizes
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:50:29 -0500
According to company brochures, when the GT was introduced it wore the same
size tyre as the roadster, 5.60x14. That was true as late as 1968. The MGC
and MGC-GT, incidentally, were listed with 165x15 radials in 1969, the last
year of production.

The next brochures I have, 1972-1974, list the MGB with 155x14 and the GT
165x14. The GT weighed 2-1/2 stone more than the roadster, but I shouldn't
think that by itself would necessarily warrant a larger tyre size.

Clausager probably lists when the change was made.

Cheers,

David